Patience and I are immensely grateful to God for everything He has given us and where He has brought us. Everyone’s journey is filled with peaks and valleys. Right now we find ourselves at an overlook spot on the side of a mountain, looking out over our past peaks and valleys, and curious about what the future holds. As I look out, I see that God has not only walked with us through the high points of life, but also through the low points. That gives us great confidence and comfort, knowing that He will walk with us through whatever comes our way in the future. We were blessed to have had Isaac, and we have been blessed again with a second child.
We have experienced an interesting set of emotions since learning of our new little baby. We are very much excited about having our second child. I can’t adequately express how happy we are to once again be preparing for another baby. But at the very same time, there are the natural emotions of grief and fear that re-surface due to our experience with our son Isaac. Stepping into this new season of pregnancy and preparation for another baby brings back a flood of memories that are still very fresh. Memories that are wonderful, but can be painful all at the same time.
We know that this is part of the process for us, so we are trusting God to walk with us through this next season of life.
We would like to ask you to join us in praying for a few things:
- Pray for healthy development of our new baby.
- Pray for the baby’s life, that God would use him/her in a way that has an eternal impact for the cause of Christ.
- Pray for Patience, as she’s dealing with sickness that goes along with pregnancy – primarily migraines and nausea.
- Pray for wisdom as we make decisions for prenatal care
- Pray for strength, comfort, and peace that only comes through placing our trust in Christ.