- I’m 27 weeks pregnant today. Little Man Leino has become quite a busy-body. He is definitely strong, kicking and moving his arms with far more force than my other two kiddos at this stage. At times it feels like he’s doing somersaults or boxing. I can’t wait to meet this feisty little guy in June!
- The warmer weather has allowed Eliana to spend much more time outside and she has loved it! She wants to be outdoors every chance she gets. Often her first word in the morning is “outside?” Such a happy little girl. Whether she’s flying kites with Daddy, helping Maima in her garden or coloring on the porch in a hula skirt, Eliana has a blast anytime she’s in the sun.
- Leino Studios had a fabulous first week in its new location. We are so thankful for the new space God provided for Jordan’s business. Though we are still putting some final decorating touches on the space, Jordan has already enjoyed the benefits of having much more space for all his musical and business needs. A step forward in every way, we’re excited to see all that is in store for the Studio in this next season.
- Our little girl loves to sing! Any time music is playing, she’s singing and dancing along. Maima has been teaching Eliana the words and motions for “Itsy, Bitsy Spider”. It amazes me to watch her pick up phrases and hand motions so quickly. I found her trying to get one of her baby dolls to do the motions this past week. Precious!
- Journey just finished a series on Love. Boy, has it impacted me! Over four weeks, our church took an in-depth look into what Scripture says about Love: God’s love, our love for Him, our love for others and our love for ourselves. I’ve found myself reading through my notes over and again, wanting to listen to the sermons more than once as they have really challenged me to grow and convicted me in areas I certainly need it. I highly encourage everyone to take the time to listen to the messages. Since Jesus said that the world will know His disciples by our love, its an area we all could grow in.
- Well the sunshine and an energetic little lady are calling me outside. Be sure to check back here on Monday as I’ll be sharing the most amazing carrot cupcake recipe I have ever tasted! Seriously….BEST EVER! Happy weekend, everyone!
Filed under Eliana, Evan, Family, Fun, Jordan, Journey Church, Leino Studios, Patience, Photography, Random, Weather
I have the best siblings in the universe. Growing up with Ian and Corinne was always a laughter-filled adventure. How truly thankful I am for them both!
Eliana has really improved in learning how to feed herself at mealtimes. Mostly neat and no longer throwing things on the floor, our little girl is growing up so fast. Then we had pot roast with mashed potatoes…
No, that’s not water nor styling gel in her hair. This lovely do comes from a whopping handful of mashed potatoes! In a blink, Eliana’s hand scooped up a fist full of spuds and wiped it all in her hair. Needless to say, she went straight from the dinner table to the bathtub. She is one adorable, messy lady!
Confession: I have an addiction. Meringues! These light, fluffy, gooey, delectable treats always leave me craving another bite. The fact that they are primarily egg whites and contain no flour often has me rationalizing just one…or twenty…more. I now limit myself to making a batch only for the purpose of taking them to someone because let’s be honest – they will all be gone by morning. It’s for the baby…really!
In honor of this deliciousness, here’s a recipe for chocolate chip meringues for your enjoyment. You can use any size chip but I prefer mini morsels or Andes mint chips. (The original recipe bakes the meringues at 300°F but I’ve found 310° works better for our oven.) Eliana loves to watch the clear egg whites whip up in a frenzy into thick, glossy goodness.
So grab your bakers’ hat, your favorite apron, your sweet tooth and bake away!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar, vinegar and vanilla while whipping to stiff peaks. Mixture should be glossy. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are dry. Yeilds 4 dozen cookies.
Here’s wishing you all a delightfully delicious weekend!
Eliana continues to show more interest in caring for her baby dolls, taking them everywhere she goes. Her care always begins with the best intentions…
So close! Try putting the stroller upright, sweet girl.
Much better! 🙂
Yesterday’s sunny and somewhat warm weather allowed us to have a nice walk around the neighborhood. Of course, Eliana brought her baby doll along. She was power walking with that doll!
Work it, girl!
Like any big sister in training, she was sure to check how her “baby” was doing once we reached the clubhouse.
No doubt about it – Eliana Faith is going to be one amazing big sister!
Eliana has a new favorite game: Peek-A-Boo. She loves hiding behind things, giggling all the while, then popping out with a cheery, “Boo!” Of course, I don’t quite think she has fully grasped the concept of a good hiding place yet.
I have a new obsession. Georgetown Cupcakes is its name. For years, I have heard of these delectable delights but never made it into their store to try one. This weekend, everything changed. One simple bite and all my preconceived skeptical ideas of gourmet cupcakes faded forever. Perfectly sized with the ideal ratio of moist cupcake to creamy frosting. I mean really – Strawberry Champagne cupcake with a chocolate ganache core? Come on! ‘Tis a lovely bite. Its now official. Every time I’m in DC to visit my sister and brother-in-law, Georgetown Cupcakes will be part of the trip. Yum…..
Filed under D.C., Food, Fun